THE SCHOOL'S RESPONSIBILITIES
PUPIL RESPONSIBILITIES (Yr 3 Onwards)
|We acknowledge that we as parents are the primary educators of our children and have an irreplaceable role to play in supporting their learning at school.
|| We acknowledge our responsibility to support parents/carers in their task of nurturing their children toward human wholeness within a Catholic community.
||I acknowledge the different and unique talents which God has given me and my responsibilities to use them wisely
|Therefore I/we will:
||Therefore the school will:
- Support the school in promoting the Catholic values of St Joseph's
- Continue to fulfil my weekly Mass obligation.
- Not take holidays during term time.
- Let the school know of any concerns or problems that might affect my child's/children's behaviour.
- Ensure all homework and reading is completed to a high standard.
- Ensure the home-link diary is signed at least once a week.
- Attend pupil consultation and information evenings.
- Ensure that my child follows the school uniform policy.
- Support our healthy school and school travel initiatives.
- Not park in Dobbin Close.
- Demonstrate our faith and our school’s foundation in the teachings of Jesus Christ
- Provide a friendly welcome to your child and a secure, stimulating environment in which to learn.
- Inform you of any concerns or problems that could affect your child.
- Provide homework suitable to your child’s needs and sign the home-link book weekly.
- Provide you with opportunities to talk to the teacher about your child’s progress and produce an annual report.
- Keep you informed of school policies and activities.
- Follow our school/class rules.
- Do the best work that I can.
- Show respect to all adults and other children in school.
- Behave sensibly so we can be happy and safe as we learn.
- Complete any homework set in the best way I can and present it neatly and on time.
- Think for myself and take responsibility for my actions.
- Arrive on time, wearing the correct school uniform, and bring all the equipment I need every day.